Thank you David for this beautiful blog about your father. I have learned so much about your father & his Christian family. I met Sus & Jeanette at our Westside Christian Church & feel so blessed to have them both in my life I had the pleasure to have a meal with Sus & Jeanette shortly before Sus went into the hospital & learned first hand what a wonderful child of God they both were. Sus I hope to meet up with you some day in heaven. In Christian love. Carla
We have fond memories of you both when you visited our chapel in Myrtle Beach SC. May the Lord give comfort and peace as only He can. Our prayers are uplifted on your behalf. In Christian love, Jim and Sue Keck
A loving couple I am blessed to call friends <3 I am the Home Care RN that provides caregivers to help with the care of Sus. I can honestly say, ALL of our team loves this family!
My dear friends, you have been a prayer warrior from before I even left for the foreign field in Zambia nearly 34 years ago. Imagine! Your advocacy for a single, female missionary, intent on sharing Christ and Him crucified and raised sitting beside the Father...your little assembly was the first to contribute in a "concrete" fashion to enable the construction of the English speaking chapel, property for the expansion of the Bible Correspondence Ministry, provision of medicine and spectacles to the needy, insecticide treated mosquito nets for expectant moms and senior believers, widows and orphans, thus saving many life. Thousands upon thousands of lives have been impacted because of your belief in this work, in this outreach, in this ministry of reaching the lost for Christ, building up of the saints, training church leadership both male and female and so much more. Your crowns will be many, your reward great, your glorification of our Master wonderfully obedient. Know you are loved, prayed for and honored because of your trust and belief that those who are sent into the foreign field are able to serve because of your intercession. Blessings to you as you await His call and those most precious of words: "well done, good and faithful servant. Enter now into your rest." (Prof. Sherry)
Sus, your fellowship at HCBC was awesome. You and your wife are truly the greatest to be with and around. Thanks for your uplifting spirits, character and demeanor. J&C
Dearest friends..family .thank you for sharing your interview with all of us. So special. We have been family for over over 35 years...my love and prayers to you all..I felt like we were together right now this morning. over 1000 miles apart. What inspiration u have both been to me. Pearl
So proud to call you both friends! I've only known you a little over a year and a half, but Sus, I have always been impressed with your patience with me, and faithfulness to always be at choir practice with Jeanne. I miss you both, as does the choir, and your beautiful voices lifted up in song. Thank you for your prayers for me, and know I am praying for you, Sus, into the Kingdom, In His perfect timing. God Bless you both, With much love and prayers, Jan Martinez Choir Director of Westminster Singers
Jeanne and Sus Narita became acquaintances and then friends through our residency at Point Pleasant and Christian beliefs. I admire them both for their activites and love for their families. My heart ached for Sus and Jeanne during his illness. My prayers have been for both of them in their hours of sorrow. May our Lord give them both peace.
I remember having dinner in your home right after I moved in. Such a nice evening and ending with a great game of rummikub. Sus, I continue to pray for you; peace and comfort to you and your family. Becky
Thank you for all of the great times and memories grandpa. I feel like the luckiest person alive to be a part of the great family you and GG made. All of those years you guys came to visit us or we came to visit you (and go to Myrtle Beach) were invaluable and I will really miss playing canasta, grandpa's game, and rummikub... I love you grandpa and am looking forward to seeing you again one day. Love Ben
Anna Mac Arthur, chickensoup1935 @gmail.com 💜New Jersey Sus, thank you for being a faithful servant of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that you were a wonderful leader at South Branch Bible Chapel and opened your home for bible studies that your wife faithfully taught and I gave my heart to Jesus. I am a Child of God and my name and your name are written in The Lamb’s Book of Life. Praise God and to Him all the Glory, forever. May He be exalted.
Bless you David this is so beautiful. Dear Sus and Jeanne You have been true Godly friends to me. I have such beautiful memories of of the fellowship we had together in Binghamton. Visiting your assembly and hearing Sus speak was so encouraging. Praying for Sus, Jeanne and the entire family for peace and comfort. God bless. Blessings and love.
So thankful that my Mom met Sus and Jeanne in Binghamton. Their friendship was a blessing to her and to my family as well. We loved seeing the Narita family pictures over the years and how they served the Lord in all they did. So inspiring 💛 Thank you for sharing this blog, pictures and the beautiful video. We continue to pray for Sus, Jeanne and family.
Sus, I am blessed to be your son in law. You have set a wonderful example to all of us. You have lived out what it means to follow Christ. You are not given to talk a lot but when you do, your words are so often filled with wisdom drawn from the Scriptures and from a life well lived. I remember, like it was yesterday, when you shared with me, over 30 years ago, Daniel chapter one. I have shared that wisdom and guidance with so many others since then. Thank you for , being a wonderful father to my incredible wife. Your imprint is on her life. Our love, prayers, and appreciation are always yours. Love, Craig
Sus, you have been a great FIL and grandfather. I remember all the times you spent so much time with your grandchildren playing games, walking on the beach and going into the ocean with them at Myrtle Beach and acting goofy with them. I remember some time that Daniel and Charis had you acting something out, and it looked like you were riding a motorcycle. But maybe you were dancing. I also remember you spending time studying your Bible and preparing for Sunday Worship. Thanks for all the visits to Cambodia (and other parts of SEA) and California.
Son, brother, husband, father, uncle, cousin, friends & teacher, and so much more. I have been so very fortunate to be a part of the Narita family. Thank you for being my brother-in-law, for helping me (and Shozo) along the way, for bringing me nearer to God through prayer and deed. I am forever grateful to you and wonderful Jeanne. My prayers are for your peace and comfort.
To the entire Narita family … we have been so blessed and fortunate to reacquaint with many of you even if just very recently. We appreciate the daily inspirational emails from Aunt Jeanne and wish the entire family the very best as we all continue on our journeys. Although we may be following different paths, we are grateful in knowing where all paths ultimately lead and look forward to reuniting with all our loved ones!! Thank you … to all of you for your love, faith and how each of you live your lives!! Blessings to all of you!!
Sis and Jean are so fortunate to have such a loving d supportive family . This not by chance but your commitment to God and prayers throughout your life. Don and I are sending our prayers for Sus To be comfortable and able to enjoy many many more days surrounded by his loving family.Take care if each other Sending ginormous hugs and kisses. Don & Marian Seiki
The Pierce family is forever grateful for our friendship with the Naritas. We had so many good times together going to the beach and to Cape Cod. Su’s and Jeanne would always welcome us into their home with warm hugs and friendly smiles. Sus often cracked a funny joke! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult passage. Wishing you all peace through God’s love.
We met Sus and Jeanne in Binghamton in early 2000 at Twin Tiers Bible Fellowship. We are forever blessed for having met the Narita's. I remember Sus teaching at the church and being a godly example to all of our family. Two of our children, now 36 and 37 years old, remember the Ken Ham conference you and Jeanne brought them to years ago. There are so many good memories....church fellowship dinners, visits to your home, and activities done with the teens at church. You have made an incredible impact on our family and on many other people. We look forward to seeing you in heaven. God bless you. David, Linda, and family
Sus and Jeanne have not lived at Westminster Point Pleasant for very long but they have made many contributions to other residents. They are a loved and respected couple.
You have always been a godly example of a Japanese man, IN CHRIST, loving the country of his heritage...to the extent of greatly supporting our missionary efforts in Tokyo for many decades. And if it were not with donations, then it was with gifts for our apartment there (I am still using some of the placemats from you and Jeanne!) And even now, we have people in both Japan and the States looking for a good buyer of your wonderful collection of Japanese stamps, which you so graciously gave to Liberty Corner Mission. The revenue from that sale will go into the new building in Tokyo, in your name, and thereby bring forth the salvation of souls. Susumu San, THANK YOU!
My most precious memory of your family was that your three kids brought both YOU and JEANNE to God's house, where you found Christ as Savior. Usually, it's the other way around. But in your need of Jesus, you let your children lead you. That fact largely helped shape our early ministry in Japan, as Fran Ueda and I put great effort into reaching the neighborhood kids, so the door to their parents might be opened. And it was!
At this time in your life, hear His Word from Psalm 46:10, "BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD." Know that you are always in our heart and prayer, for we love you and Jeanne, and our bond is in Christ. Our Sisters, as well as Fran in Tokyo, bless you!
Jeanne: Yesterday’s ceremony was beautiful; I enjoyed seeing your beautiful family. I wrote to you the other day about looking up in the sky. To that end, I remind you of the partial lyrics from an old ballad: I’ll be seeing you In all the old familiar places That this heart of mine embraces All day through I’ll see you in the morning sun And when the night is new I’ll be looking. at the moon But I’ll be seeing you.
Meeting you and Sus and getting to know you is a blessing I shall cherish the rest of my life. Jerry.
Dear Sus, you were the kindest, sweetest man, that God has gifted the earth. Along with your dear, beautiful wife Jeanne, you have blessed my family spiritually and with loving, welcoming friendship. May you rest peacefully as God watches over Jeanne and your family.
Remembering our happy timesof playing Rummikub. You and Jeane made the stay at Ocean Grove all the more special for my sister, Bette, and me. Maggie
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you and your family prace be with you 🙏
ReplyDeletePrayers that your voyage be peaceful. You and Jeanne have enriched my life beyond words. Prayers and love. Jan Brunner
ReplyDeleteThank you David for this beautiful blog about your father. I have learned so much about your father & his Christian family. I met Sus & Jeanette at our Westside Christian Church & feel so blessed to have them both in my life I had the pleasure to have a meal with Sus & Jeanette shortly before Sus went into the hospital & learned first hand what a wonderful child of God they both were. Sus I hope to meet up with you some day in heaven. In Christian love. Carla
ReplyDeleteWe have fond memories of you both when you visited our chapel in Myrtle Beach SC. May the Lord give comfort and peace as only He can. Our prayers are uplifted on your behalf. In Christian love, Jim and Sue Keck
ReplyDeleteSus, I have been praying for you and for my wife as you go through the same Hospice visits. wjh
ReplyDeleteA loving couple I am blessed to call friends <3 I am the Home Care RN that provides caregivers to help with the care of Sus. I can honestly say, ALL of our team loves this family!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you with love, and wishing you God's peace. Sunny
ReplyDeleteMy dear friends, you have been a prayer warrior from before I even left for the foreign field in Zambia nearly 34 years ago. Imagine! Your advocacy for a single, female missionary, intent on sharing Christ and Him crucified and raised sitting beside the Father...your little assembly was the first to contribute in a "concrete" fashion to enable the construction of the English speaking chapel, property for the expansion of the Bible Correspondence Ministry, provision of medicine and spectacles to the needy, insecticide treated mosquito nets for expectant moms and senior believers, widows and orphans, thus saving many life. Thousands upon thousands of lives have been impacted because of your belief in this work, in this outreach, in this ministry of reaching the lost for Christ, building up of the saints, training church leadership both male and female and so much more. Your crowns will be many, your reward great, your glorification of our Master wonderfully obedient. Know you are loved, prayed for and honored because of your trust and belief that those who are sent into the foreign field are able to serve because of your intercession. Blessings to you as you await His call and those most precious of words: "well done, good and faithful servant. Enter now into your rest." (Prof. Sherry)
ReplyDeleteSus, your fellowship at HCBC was awesome. You and your wife are truly the greatest to be with and around. Thanks for your uplifting spirits, character and demeanor. J&C
ReplyDeleteDearest friends..family .thank you for sharing your interview with all of us. So special. We have been family for over over 35 years...my love and prayers to you all..I felt like we were together right now this morning. over 1000 miles apart. What inspiration u have both been to me. Pearl
ReplyDeleteSo proud to call you both friends! I've only known you a little over a year and a half, but Sus, I have always been impressed with your patience with me, and faithfulness to always be at choir practice with Jeanne. I miss you both, as does the choir, and your beautiful voices lifted up in song. Thank you for your prayers for me, and know I am praying for you, Sus, into the Kingdom, In His perfect timing. God Bless you both, With much love and prayers,
ReplyDeleteJan Martinez
Choir Director of Westminster Singers
Jeanne and Sus Narita became acquaintances and then friends through our residency at Point Pleasant and Christian beliefs. I admire them both for their activites and love for their families. My heart ached for Sus and Jeanne during his illness. My prayers have been for both of them in their hours of sorrow. May our Lord give them both peace.
ReplyDeletePrayers for comfort and peace <3
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Sus’s life and family with me. I am so moved to see how special he is and what a special family he has.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful tribute to a beautiful gentleman with an absolutely beautiful family!!! Cheryl
ReplyDeleteI remember having dinner in your home right after I moved in. Such a nice evening and ending with a great game of rummikub. Sus, I continue to pray for you; peace and comfort to you and your family. Becky
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of the great times and memories grandpa. I feel like the luckiest person alive to be a part of the great family you and GG made. All of those years you guys came to visit us or we came to visit you (and go to Myrtle Beach) were invaluable and I will really miss playing canasta, grandpa's game, and rummikub... I love you grandpa and am looking forward to seeing you again one day. Love Ben
ReplyDeleteAnna Mac Arthur, chickensoup1935 @gmail.com 💜New Jersey
ReplyDeleteSus, thank you for being a faithful servant of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful
that you were a wonderful leader at South Branch Bible Chapel and opened your home for bible studies that your wife faithfully taught and I gave my heart to Jesus. I am a Child of God and my name and your name are written in The Lamb’s Book of Life.
Praise God and to Him all the Glory, forever. May He be exalted.
I love you Sus
Anna
Praying God's peace for the whole family!
ReplyDeleteBless you David this is so beautiful. Dear Sus and Jeanne You have been true Godly friends to me. I have such beautiful memories of of the fellowship we had together in Binghamton. Visiting your assembly and hearing Sus speak was so encouraging. Praying for Sus, Jeanne and the entire family for peace and comfort. God bless. Blessings and love.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful that my Mom met Sus and Jeanne in Binghamton. Their friendship was a blessing to her and to my family as well. We loved seeing the Narita family pictures over the years and how they served the Lord in all they did. So inspiring 💛
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this blog, pictures and the beautiful video.
We continue to pray for Sus, Jeanne and family.
Love,
Ron, Cathy, Alexis and Takao
Sus, I am blessed to be your son in law. You have set a wonderful example to all of us. You have lived out what it means to follow Christ. You are not given to talk a lot but when you do, your words are so often filled with wisdom drawn from the Scriptures and from a life well lived. I remember, like it was yesterday, when you shared with me, over 30 years ago, Daniel chapter one. I have shared that wisdom and guidance with so many others since then. Thank you for , being a wonderful father to my incredible wife. Your imprint is on her life. Our love, prayers, and appreciation are always yours. Love, Craig
ReplyDeleteSus, you have been a great FIL and grandfather. I remember all the times you spent so much time with your grandchildren playing games, walking on the beach and going into the ocean with them at Myrtle Beach and acting goofy with them. I remember some time that Daniel and Charis had you acting something out, and it looked like you were riding a motorcycle. But maybe you were dancing. I also remember you spending time studying your Bible and preparing for Sunday Worship. Thanks for all the visits to Cambodia (and other parts of SEA) and California.
ReplyDeleteThat was from Lara
DeleteSon, brother, husband, father, uncle, cousin, friends & teacher, and so much more. I have been so very fortunate to be a part of the Narita family. Thank you for being my brother-in-law, for helping me (and Shozo) along the way, for bringing me nearer to God through prayer and deed. I am forever grateful to you and wonderful Jeanne.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are for your peace and comfort.
To the entire Narita family … we have been so blessed and fortunate to reacquaint with many of you even if just very recently. We appreciate the daily inspirational emails from Aunt Jeanne and wish the entire family the very best as we all continue on our journeys. Although we may be following different paths, we are grateful in knowing where all paths ultimately lead and look forward to reuniting with all our loved ones!! Thank you … to all of you for your love, faith and how each of you live your lives!! Blessings to all of you!!
ReplyDeleteSis and Jean are so fortunate to have such a loving d supportive family . This not by chance but your commitment to God and prayers throughout your life. Don and I are sending our prayers for Sus To be comfortable and able to enjoy many many more days surrounded by his loving family.Take care if each other
ReplyDeleteSending ginormous hugs and kisses.
Don & Marian Seiki
Beautiful!!! So glad to know you and have you as true Christian friends.
ReplyDeleteThe Pierce family is forever grateful for our friendship with the Naritas. We had so many good times together going to the beach and to Cape Cod. Su’s and Jeanne would always welcome us into their home with warm hugs and friendly smiles. Sus often cracked a funny joke! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult passage. Wishing you all peace through God’s love.
ReplyDeleteWe met Sus and Jeanne in Binghamton in early 2000 at Twin Tiers Bible Fellowship. We are forever blessed for having met the Narita's. I remember Sus teaching at the church and being a godly example to all of our family. Two of our children, now 36 and 37 years old, remember the Ken Ham conference you and Jeanne brought them to years ago.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many good memories....church fellowship dinners, visits to your home, and activities done with the teens at church. You have made an incredible impact on our family and on many other people.
We look forward to seeing you in heaven. God bless you.
David, Linda, and family
Sus and Jeanne have not lived at Westminster Point Pleasant for very long but they have made many contributions to other residents. They are a loved and respected couple.
ReplyDeleteDear Susumu San,
ReplyDeleteYou have always been a godly example of a Japanese man, IN CHRIST, loving the country of his heritage...to the extent of greatly supporting our missionary efforts in Tokyo for many decades. And if it were not with donations, then it was with gifts for our apartment there (I am still using some of the placemats from you and Jeanne!) And even now, we have people in both Japan and the States looking for a good buyer of your wonderful collection of Japanese stamps, which you so graciously gave to Liberty Corner Mission. The revenue from that sale will go into the new building in Tokyo, in your name, and thereby bring forth the salvation of souls. Susumu San, THANK YOU!
My most precious memory of your family was that your three kids brought both YOU and JEANNE to God's house, where you found Christ as Savior. Usually, it's the other way around. But in your need of Jesus, you let your children lead you. That fact largely helped shape our early ministry in Japan, as Fran Ueda and I put great effort into reaching the neighborhood kids, so the door to their parents might be opened. And it was!
At this time in your life, hear His Word from Psalm 46:10,
"BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."
Know that you are always in our heart and prayer, for we love you and Jeanne, and our bond is in Christ. Our Sisters, as well as Fran in Tokyo, bless you!
In Christ and for Christ, with love, Sister Maria
Jeanne: Yesterday’s ceremony was beautiful; I enjoyed seeing your beautiful family. I wrote to you the other day about looking up in the sky. To that end, I remind you of the partial lyrics from an old ballad:
ReplyDeleteI’ll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through
I’ll see you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I’ll be looking. at the moon
But I’ll be seeing you.
Meeting you and Sus and getting to know you is a blessing I shall cherish the rest of my life. Jerry.
Dear Sus, you were the kindest, sweetest man, that God has gifted the earth. Along with your dear, beautiful wife Jeanne, you have blessed my family spiritually and with loving, welcoming friendship. May you rest peacefully as God watches over Jeanne and your family.
DeleteYou have always been a great married couple! For me, you will always remain just like that💕❗️
ReplyDeleteThank you for your many blessing to the Rose family. The love and joy your family has brought to ours has been a godly delight.
ReplyDelete